As a part of the transition of my blog entries from the old PHP-based Mungenetengine to PHP-based WordPress I’ve needed to categorize and title my older posts.
It has been interesting noting certain milestones:
- Total blog posts: 371
Which totals 5.6 posts per month, on average over the last 5.5 years.
- Started Weblogging: January 2000
5.5 years of blogging, more if you go right back! to 14th July 1997. That’s over 9 years personal presence on the web. Also, as a point of reference, www.nickhodge.com is still not as large at the Fairfax@Atlanta site dynamically assembled through 5 intense weeks in the internet dark-ages of 1996. The web is 15 years old today, so I’ve been publishing for 66% of the “life” of the www.
- Implemented under self-coded PHP with MySQL backend: December 2001
The decision to put data in a database has rewarded this site many times, although not in ways originally intentioned. A code review shows some lines and functions being 5 years old. Oh the horror of some of the PHP.
- Implemented SOAP for Neil Finn Lyric Server: June 2002
As web services started to emerge, I’d decided to see how difficult they were to implement. With various clients on different languages and platforms, and struggling with WSDL – this service is still working today. At as last night, the server had processed over 100,000 requests.
- Implemented RSS Feed: July 2002
Before feed-readers were parts of browsers and operating systems, and before I really knew why I was doing this – coded a RSS feed for this site.
- First Moblog Entry: July 2002
Implemented a quick gateway for SMS-to-Blog entry system, and tapped out an entry from a remote device.
- First Wikipedia Reference: October 2003With the recent world awareness of Wikipedia, my first posting and reference is way-back. According to Wikipedia, the number of entries was less than 200,000.