Yes, I know that the correct english spelling of Center is Centre.
Some hundreds of dollars later from AUSPCMarket, and I have my first ever:
- AMD based PC (AMD Athlan64×2 6000+)
- Gigabyte Motherboard PC (GA-MA69GM-S2H)
- Self-constructed PC (only a screwdriver required)
- Media Center PC (Vista Ultimate)
- Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 8000
Not being a hardware type, the moving of cables, CPUs, fans, more cables and stuff made the physical construction a little longer than an expert. There are still some internal wiring bits to complete: hard disk light at the front and CD audio. Also missed that the our Acer LCD TV has VGA and PC Audio. The cables I purchased were not correct.
The toughest part was installing the power to the SATA DVD/CD drive, and ensuring the CD eject button had enough clearance to work.
The first PATA (this was a surprise!) hard disk was stuffed, so off to plan B with a 500Gb PATA and we’re away. The motherboard would not boot up with this hard disk attached; so the old disk is a throw away.
Using the onboard graphics and USB based TV tuner is probably sub-optimal. Need to fix these.
- Dual channel PCI DVB-T card
- DivX support (complete at 9:40pm)
- TV Guide so I can record TV successfully.
Oh, and the cats love the extra space. The case and CPU are quiet and relatively cool. The cave aspect of the case make it a perfect hunting spot: