Thanks to all who watched this episode. Just like Stilgherrian Live in its alpha broadcasts, I am starting to get some central themes and sections for the show sorted out.
Largely ignoring the chat this time was easy thanks to the wonderful @dekrazee1; the meta-backchannel producer. Her role was to watch the chat, and forward on any questions, points or where technical glitches occurred through a special backchannel IM session.
My hobby is the study of history, so researching and talking history is fun. An intellectual challenge, keeping my non-geek synapses firing.
The flow of Episode 3
- An hour of thematic music (ie: related to show’s topic) from the 1980s
- Lead in video clip, again thematic and from the 1980s
- Letters from the Previous Show
- Luddites vs. Lollards
- Main Topic of the Show, with a thematic video/advertisement in the middle
- Close about 5 minutes before Stilgherrian Live’s plinky’s appear
There is a need for a call-to-action somewhere; and deeper questions during the show. Or it might be just cool to leave it as-is so people can randomly chat about random stuff.
For next time:
- Get the recording correct!
- Ensure video playback works, even when cued correctly
- Up the video quality on the broadcast strean when my face is on the camera