I spent an excellent 50 minutes of my weekend listening to this Podcast from Uncle Dave and Uncle Mike: Laurel Papworth, Social Networking Strategist
Laurel and I had breakfast to catch up on similar topics in March this year: http://www.on10.net/Blogs/nhodge/the-geek-stories-online-communities-citizen-journalism/
The podcast is a more insightful conversation with Laurel, an expert in Social networks and more importantly, online communities.
Discussion points from the conversation:
- Online identities. Sustainability and security of identity.Â What happens when the social network service falters? Web 2.0 bust up impact digital identity. Part of identity.
- Mike Seyfang referred to a podcast containing a comment from NetAlert. “Trash your online identity, and get a new one.” which goes completely counter to research (ref: danah boyd)
- Social networking architectures. Whilst not directly related, there are some enterprise level thinkers getting into this space.
- Call out to me for Microsoft PopFly. Heard it loud and clear, Laurel!
- Market of ideas. Community is the new Brand.
- Museums: use SMS to vote for the coolest dead thing.
- WebJam and AUReMIX07 promo from Laurel and Mike Seyfang
- 4th Sector Society. eg: Country town farmers getting together when the cows get out. Community contributions to the greater good.