Disclaimer: this is just for LOLZ.
- For further reference on LOLCATS: I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGERÂ
- ps: U CAN HAS TSHIRT AT store.lolcode.com
- To deconstruct and see the history of LOLCATS: Anil Dash
- The obvious wikipedia entry for LOLCATS
- LOLCATS takes the memes of the internet, standardizes them with funny pictures of cats. As LOLCATS is mainstream (ref: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21988724−2,00.htmlÂ and ref: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/4862013.html) Oh Noes!
- LOLCODE: taking the language: syntax, grammar, vocabulary — but more importantly the memes of LOLCATS into an esoteric programming languageÂ Other esoteric programming languages include Var’aq, INTERCAL, and Omgrofl
- Mitch Denny theory: we’ll communicate in shortened phrases and memes as common understandings. eg: Star Trek: TNG episode: Darmok. Note Mitch Denny is Star Wars, not Star Trek — so this reference may be lost on Mitch.
Stage 1: http://www.nickhodge.com/blog/archives/2025
Stage 2: LOLCODE HAS LULZ http://forum.lolcode.com/viewtopic.php?id=304
- LOLCODE.net: compiles down to IL. Really big thanks to Joel Pobar for his expert comments and advice for all on LOLCODE.Net
- LOLCODE Specification is presently at 1.2 with lively discussion in the forums on lolcode. And an example of the community creating a language.
- U CAN HAS LOLCODE?